How to pay your rent
Smartphone Apps For Paying Rent
Tenants will now be able to take advantage of two new ways to make a payment to the association via their smartphones with the introduction of the Allpay app and the Pingit app.
All you have to do is simply visit the app store applicable for your device and download the app. The apps are free of charge and setting them up is quick and easy with clear on-screen instructions.
A dedicated helpline is available from both providers if you need assistance.
Please click the links on the right hand side to see further instructions on how to set up and use the Apps
You can make an online payment by Clicking the ‘Make a Payment’ link on our home page and following the instructions.
ACHA Payment Card
The ACHA payment card allows you to pay your rent at Paypoint outlets and Post Offices.
This gives you the option of paying at 186 outlets in
Argyll & Bute and the surrounding area and gives you
greater flexibility of the time of day you can pay rent to us.
Please note that it may take up to four days for the payment to be lodged in your rent account with us.
ACHA payment cards are issued to all tenants at the start of their tenancy.
Rent payments should always be paid weekly in advance.
Debit and Credit Card Payments can be made to our Customer Service Centre by telephone to the freephone number 0800 028 2755
If you would like further information or wish to discuss any of the payment options please contact the Customer Service Centre on the above number.
We will accept standing order payments weekly, fortnightly, four weekly and monthly.
Standing order forms are available at each office and agreement should be reached with the local office to pay by this method.
There are many advantages of paying your rent/factoring invoice by direct debit:-
- Regular and predictable payments means you can forecast and manage your cash flow more accurately.
- Data transactions are processed to the highest security specifications.
- Direct Debit is well established and trusted so you can feel confident using this method of payment.
- Under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee, you are protected in the event of a collection error and will receive a full and immediate refund from your bank.
- We will inform you 10 working days in advance if the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change.
- You will save time as there is no travel time, parking and no queuing!
- No paperwork – once a Direct Debit mandate has been set up.
- No postages or travel costs.
- You will have peace of mind knowing bills are being paid automatically and payments will never be missed.
- It’s more convenient for you – less trips to our offices.
- Easy to cancel – in case a direct debit instruction needs to be cancelled, you simply give written instructions to your bank or Building Society (a copy must also be sent to ACHA).
What do I have to do?
Simply complete the Direct Debit application form in the right hand side box
and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to ACHA, Finance & IT, Dalriada House, Lochgilphead, PA31 8JL
By paying your rent by Direct Debit you will automatically be entered into our annual Direct Debit prize draw – with the chance of winning £100!
If you would like further information or wish to discuss, please contact your local area office:
Helensburgh & Lomond. 01546 605920
Lamont House, 9-19 Stuckleckie Road, Helensburgh, G84 7NL
Cowal 01546 605950
Dolphin Hall, Manse Avenue, Dunoon, PA23 8DQ
Bute 01546 605870
13-16 Longhill Crescent, Rothesay, Bute, PA20 0JT
Mid Argyll 01546 605800
Dalriada House, Lochgilphead, PA31 8JL
Kintyre 01546 605880
Old Quay Head, Campbeltown, PA28 6ED
Islay 01546 605890
11 Flora Street, Bowmore, Isle of Islay, PA43 7JX
Oban, Lorn & the Isles 01546 605930
Menzies House, Glenshellach Business Park, Oban, PA34 4RY
If you are having difficulty paying your rent
If you find yourself struggling to keep up with rent payment please speak to your local ACHA staff as soon as possible.
It is vitally important that you don’t allow rent arrears to build up without contacting us. We can help you to claim all the benefits and tax credits that you are due and also help you get in touch with other agencies that can help.
For independent and confidential advice
ARGYLL & BUTE HOUSING AND INFORMATION SERVICE
HOUSING ADVICE HELPLINE
0800 731 8337
Free Independent Confidential Impartial advice on a range of issues including:
Housing Options, Security of Tenure, Eviction, Homelessness, Disrepair in rented accommodation, Money Advice, Benefits and much more.
The helpline is open Monday – Friday 10:00 – 16:00
There is also a 24-hour answering service and we will respond to your message as soon as possible. Alternatively email email@example.com
In this section
- Our services
- ACHA/AHFA insurance
- Apply for a home
- Community Fund
- Data protection
- Free training
- Good Neighbour Award
- Gypsy traveller services
- Home/contents insurance
- How to pay your rent
- Make a complaint or suggestion
- Mutual exchange
- Reporting repairs
- Right to buy
- Right to repair
- Sheltered housing
- Tenants' Handbook
- Welfare rights
- Secure login area