Customer Service Centre
0800 028 2755

Welfare Rights

We offer a free and confidential Welfare Rights Service for tenants. We offer help and advice on all aspects of the benefit system and how this may affect you and your family.

To see the relevant information about your local Welfare Rights Service along with other relevant information, click the links below:

Claiming Universal Credit

There are a number of changes happening to the benefits you may be eligible for. The most significant change has been the roll out of Universal Credit. This is replacing the following benefits you will need to apply for Universal Credit online. The video below provides step by step instructions. It also includes the information you will need to make your claim, for example; your bank details, national insurance number and your weekly rent amount to claim housing costs within your universal credit claim. You can claim Universal Credit at

A number of benefits are being devolved to Scotland. For further information about these and a timetable for new benefits becoming available go to

If you are unclear what your current rent charge is or need to speak to a member of our Welfare Rights team, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800 028 2755 or you local ACHA office.